All properties pictured above are properties sold or listed by Sperry Van Ness.
Brian W. Topley, CCIM
Senior Investment Advisor
Brian’s career in commercial real estate began in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2001. During this term, he has brokered more than 150 transactions representing more than $175 million in real estate value. He has worked at prestigious firms including Sperry Van Ness and Arroyo & Coates and specializes in
the acquisition and disposition of commercial and multifamily properties in the San Francisco Bay Area. His clients include a number of successful real
estate development and management firms including Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Blackrock Inc., Metrovation Development, Kennedy Wilson, Union
Property Capital, AREA Property Partners, Redwood Mortgage, JBL Enterprises, Conner-McLaughlin Properties, Union Bank a member of Mitsubishi
UFJ Financial Group, Montgomery Realty Inc. and Taylor-Lombardo Architects.
Brian has an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and a Masters Degree with a concentration
in Finance from Stanford University. His extracurricular activities include serving on the Board of Directors of Boys & Girls Clubs of Oakland (Marketing
Committee Chairman and Strategic Governance Committee) and participating as a member of San Francisco Planning and Urban Research (SPUR).
Brian is also a CCIM Designee, a regarded distinction in the field of commercial real estate investment.
- 2005 – Present: Sperry Van Ness Commercial Real Estate, Senior Investment Advisor
- 2003 – 2005: Arroyo & Coates, Inc., Commercial Investment Advisor
- 2001 – 2003: Starboard TCN Worldwide Commercial Real Estate Services, Commercial Investment Advisor
- 1999 – 2001: Mvion, Inc., Director of Business Development
- 2003: CCIM Institute, Designation Awarded
- 1999: MS, Stanford University, School of Management, Science and Engineering (concentration in Finance)
- 1998: BS, University of Michigan, Mechanical Engineering
- Series 22 – Direct Participation Program (DPP) Registered Representative
- Series 39 – Direct Participation Program (DPP) Principal
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent
- Licensed Real Estate Broker – State of California